Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thats nice, use the Mercedes to move the goats

Hello all! I have enjoyed another beautiful day in Romania. This morning I went to the school and helped out from 9-2. It was a lot of fun. Many of the kids looked at me strange and it took a while for them to get used to me but by the afternoon we were all friends. I hope to bring my camera tomorrow to show some of what I am doing. At first I was struggling finding what to eat but tonight I had chicken and potatoes which tasted very good. Tonight I met the neighbors. They were out in their field working. They didn't speak a word of English but through the translation of the guy I am staying with I learned that they had never left Romania and have only left the city a few times. To me that is incredible. Last night I took a walk with the two boys and their grandmother where we saw the cows coming in from grazing on the mountains. Also we went to the local bar and shared a bag of lays chips (Mmmm). Thanks for the prayers while I am away.

1 comment:

  1. Just trying to picture what it is like there. Hopefully you can send some more pictures soon of the mountains and whatever else you think we would like to see.

    Hope you are sleeping well. Praying for you every day.

    Alex had a baseball game tonight and he pitched 2 1/2 innings. He struck out four batters! He had a double over the left fielders head (struck out the other two times up to bat). He scored the 10th run that ended the game...mercy rule. Now his team plays for the championship tomorrow night. The game starts at 8 PM so he will be playing under the lights. He is so excited he can hardly stand it.

    Looking forward to your next update. Love you so much!!!

    Love, Mom

    Love,

    ReplyDelete